Wednesday, October 26, 2022

What is love? 🎵Baby don't hurt me / Don't hurt me / No more🎵

Love is a sweet balm

on the stinging, itchy cuts
and wounds of my past


I spread it thinly across

my entire being

the aches and “broken” parts

of which there are many


A veil of truth and light

a beacon of hope for better


It cleanses and calms

the dark swirling storms
overhead


It helps to create a

healing homeostasis

that I can grow into


That I can grow from

into something more

something different

Someone..

who I was always meant to be

Deep down


It fills the cracks and crevices

of my broken heart 

of my torn ligaments

of my sore muscles

of my fractured bones


So that I may feel whole again

maybe even..

for the very first time.


Love is a sweet balm

that brings me back

to who I truly am.


Written by Rose A. Fitzgerald during a Therapeutic Poetry Workshop courtesy of SocietyX with Lisa Ann Markuson inspired by Antoinette Klatzky regarding 'Love.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

decide

to rest to heal to create to share to help to protect